Clean City SA presents We Love Our City SA: this is a new offering that provides you, anywhere in South Africa, with an opportunity to keep your neighbourhoods clean, and earn a direct income as a neighbourhood, from the sales of waste recyclable material.
We Love Our City SA is a shared value membership offering that offset the cost of membership fees, through income from the sales of waste recyclable material in less than a year.
Our goal in collaborating with you is for your neighbourhood to receive a sustainable ongoing clean-up and waste recycling service, with no membership fees paid by its members, in a space of less than one year.
This is an opportunity to tackle the biggest waste challenges faced by communities and businesses in many neighbourhoods across South Africa.
More often, waste-entrepreneurs collect valuable waste materials such as plastic, metal, paper, and glass, on the streets and open spaces, however they leave out any other waste material behind.
Furthermore, waste-entrepreneurs also collect valuable waste such as plastic, metal, paper, and glass, from the bins left outside/inside properties ahead of collection by the municipal/private waste services. However, they have limited capacity to collect all the waste recyclable material within a week.
Clean City SA is working together with waste-entrepreneurs, and this is a gap in the market that We Love Our City SA through Adopt A Block is filling.
Our primary objective is to provide the much-needed solution in the waste management industry as follows:
- Educate businesses, property owners, and households: on waste separation at source, and collecting the remainder of recyclable material from the efforts of waste-entrepreneurs per Adopt A Block in any neighbourhood.
- Part of the recyclable’s rebates received from the sales of the waste recyclable material per Adopt A Block in a specific neighbourhood, are paid into the member’s Adopt A Block bucket account, this is to offset the cost of monthly membership fees.
- The removal of illegal dumping sites, and other services such as horticultural services – are based on quotation per Adopt A Block.
How does We Love Our City SA work?
Households, small and medium size businesses, and property owners in a neighbourhood can join as the We Love Our City SA members to Adopt A Block in their neighbourhood.
What is the membership subscription for the Adopt A Block in a specific neighbourhood?
A minimum of twenty shared value members per Adopt A Block is required to establish an Adopt A Block in any neighbourhood. There is a minimum of 6 months membership subscription required for implementation. Membership fees are at R399.00 per month, per member in a Adopt A Block in a specific neighbourhood. A payment of R150.00 once-off inventory cost (for the tools of trade) contribution per member, in an Adopt A Block in a specific neighbourhood is only payable in month one of subscription.
- There are ten (10) incentivised volunteers, who are residents in that Block, which are allocated to members of each Adopt A Block in a specific neighbourhood.
- The volunteers conduct street sweeping and litter picking twice a week (Mondays and Fridays) withing the Adopt A Block in each specific neighbourhood.
- There is one allocated We Love Our City SA Ambassador, who is a resident in that suburb, which will educate members of the Adopt A Block in a specific neighbourhood, on waste separation at the source, and how members of the Adopt A Block will benefit from the sales of waste recyclable material.
- The monthly performance reports are issued to members per Adopt A Block in a specific neighbourhood.
- Clean City SA provides the membership support for any queries to the members of the Adopt A Block in a specific neighbourhood.
What are the benefits of participating as the Adopt A Block neighbourhood?
- It is a concerted effort by the members of the Adopt A Block to keep their neighbourhood clean, and to reduce waste that is disposed at landfill sites, which is a positive move for climate action.
- Members of the Adopt A Block in a specific neighbourhood will earn income from the sales of waste recyclable material, and the rebates payable to the Adopt A Block bucket account to offset the cost of membership fees. In less than one year, there will no longer be cost of membership fees payables by the members of the Adopt A Block in a specific neighbourhood.
- Through continuous rebates from the sales of waste recyclable material, members of the Adopt A Block in a specific neighbourhood, will continue to receive the We Love Our City SA services into the future, with zero cost of membership fees by its members.
Terms and conditions apply
To talk to us about how we could collaborate with you to enable a cleaner and pleasant neighbourhood in your area:
Send us a WhatsApp on 063 683 9855
Give us a call on 010 005 4598, or
Send us an email email@example.com
CleanCitySA is working with several sponsors and partners for other incentives associated with each status, which will be published as and when available to the i. CSI Volunteers Network.