Adopt a Street™ is a CleanCitySA initiative that helps residents coordinate their efforts to remove litter from a street they select in the area where they live, work or play. If you wish to Adopt a Street™, you first need to register as a new member of our Adopt a Street™ Volunteers Network.
To join up, click the Register button at the top of this page and follow the instructions. Then:
- Once you have registered and you would like to “Create a management team” of at least 4 people to manage the street or open space you wish to adopt. If not enough people have volunteered for your street, you can wait for more to join or encourage your family and neighbours to register to complete your team.
- There is no limit to the number of volunteers who can support your selected street, as long as it appears on the Adopt a Street™ Name list.
Adopt a Street™ Volunteers Network events take place every Saturday morning from 9am to 11am.
Every volunteer that participates in Adopt a Street™ Volunteers Network events is awarded 10 points per event. Following an accumulated 120 points, volunteers can redeem their points for a R300 Shoprite food voucher, or R300 data or airtime from a service provider of their choice. Each point collected and accumulated by a volunteer translates into the following statuses:
- 10 – 120 points: Green
- 121 – 240 points: Silver
- 241 – 360 points: Gold
- 361 – 480 points: Platinum
- 481 points and above: Legend
CleanCitySA is working with several sponsors and partners for other incentives associated with each status, which will be published as and when available to the Adopt a Street™ Volunteers Network.
Create a management team
The Volunteers Network management team consists of the following positions:
- Adopt a Street™ Network Director
- Adopt a Street™ Network Health and Safety
- Adopt a Street™ Network Logistics
- Adopt a Street™ Network Timekeeper
To register a new Adopt a Street™ management team, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org